Sunday, October 23, 2011

A New Beginning and Taco Soup

Okay, so I have been inspired by lots of you to start my own blog. I really enjoy cooking and baking and am often asked for recipes so I wanted to have a place to share my thoughts, ideas, and favorite recipes. These recipes are not really things I have created on my own but have discovered and want to share with others. I hope you enjoy them!


Today I stayed home from church with our littlest angel (G) while daddy and the eldest angel (L) went to church. I wanted to make something warm and tasty to have ready when they returned so after a trip to the store I got busy making Taco Soup. This recipe came from my good friend Megan and boy is it delicious!


Taco Soup
* 1 large can tomato sauce
* 1 can Rotel
* 1 can diced tomatoes
* 1 can sweet corn
* 1 can pinto beans (drained)
* 1 can black beans (drained)
* 1 packet taco seasoning
* 2 packets Ranch Seasoning
* 1-1.5 lbs. ground beef or turkey


Brown meat. Combine with other ingredients. You can cook this 2 ways...


1. Place in slow cooker. Heat on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-5.
2. Usually I'm in a hurry so I mix it all in a large stockpot and heat together on the stove for about 20 minutes.


Serve with your favorite shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Yummy! Can't wait to try it..... do you crumble the chips in the soup??? or just eat it with the soup.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either way...Andrew calls it taco dip because he eats it by scooping it up with his chips :0) it's kind of like a Mexican chili!

    ReplyDelete